A full life means health and time spend with your loved ones.
Take advantage now of quality health care services provided by the best health professionals, new generation diagnosis methods and procedures in private clinics and hospitals in Romania. Say NO to waiting rooms and uncertainty!
The private insurance for your health is a good option for you to take advantage of health care services in the private system and to protect your health at any time.
|Insured||Minimum 18 years old – maximum 60 years old.|
|Duration of insurance||Minimum 5 years old – maximum 47 years old;|
|Insured||Any person aged between 18 and 75 years (SmartMed, EssentialMed, BasicMed packages); any person aged 60 to 75 years (SeniorMed package); any child aged 0 to 18 years (Junior Med package).|
|Insurance period||1 year, with possibility of renewal|
|Payment of insurance premiums||Yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly|
What does the insurance get you
|Health care services – general and specialty consults, lab tests, biochemistry and haematology, imaging, radiology; a diversity of services provided at the clinic; indemnities for hospitalisation and surgeries.|
|Packages of health care services available.||BasicMed, EssentialMed, SmartMed (packages including health care services adapted to any budget), SeniorMed (package intended for and adapted to the needs of pensioners), JuniorMed (package dedicated to the medical needs of children).|
- You can access this insurance regardless of your health state.
- You have access to a national network of over 160 clinics and private medical practices.
- Optimal administration of the medical act.
- The reimbursement of the medical services provided to you is made directly between BCR Asigurari de Viata Vienna Insurance Group and the service provider
- You can use an application for smart phones and Apple tablets with IOS Apple and Android to access information on your health insurance and medical network from anywhere and at any time
- For the loyal customers of BCR who receive their salary or pension in their BCR current accounts the price of the package is reduced by 10%.
- If you choose to pay the insurance premium annually, you benefit from an additional 5% discount from the price of the chosen package.
- Guarantee of safety and quality of the medical act.
- The comfort of health care services provided in well-organised private institutions, always there for you.
- You save time, as you can schedule an appointment for the health care services you need by a simple phone call to a dedicated number
How to protect your health at all times.
- Review your needs for health care services, taking into account your age and health state.
- See if time is important to you: in the private health system you can make appointments for your medical visits, while in the public system you will waste a lot of time just waiting.
- Choose a private health insurance that will make available to you a network of clinics, hospitals and practices close to the area you live in.
- Choose an insurance that will allow you to take advantage of its services regardless of your state of health.
- It is very important that you have access to the best specialists in famous clinics. Make sure your private health insurance gives you this advantage.
What is a private health insurance?
It is a package that offers you access to quality medical services, to the most advanced methods and procedures of diagnosis and treatment performed in MedLife private clinics and hospitals and of its partners.
Is this insurance suitable for me?
- you wish to take care of your health in a safe environment, where you may have the guarantee of the medical act
- you wish to benefit from high quality medical services that are better than those offered by the public system, at smaller prices than if you addressed directly the private clinics and hospitals
- you wish to have quick access to the medical services, by a simple phone call.
What age must I be of to be able to benefit from this insurance?
- The insurance may be signed for persons aged between 0 and maximum 75 years old. On the expiry of the insurance contract, the insured’s age cannot exceed 76 years old.
- For the JuniorMed package, the insured’s age is between 0 and 17 years old. For the SeniorMed package, the age to enter the insurance is between 60 and 75 years old.
Why is this insurance attractive?
- medical services carried out for prophylactic purposes, to precociously discover any diseases or risk factors for certain diseases
- medical services performed for healing purposes, in case of unexpected and unpredictable sickening (disease) that threatens health and/or life or in case of accident
- indemnity for hospitalization in MedLife hospitals
- indemnity for surgical intervention carried out in MedLife hospitals
For an accessible price, depending on the chosen package of benefits, the private health insurance provides:
May I also insure my child’s health?
- For the child aged between 0 and 17 years old, the JuniorMed package may be contracted, conditioned by the signing of a SmartMed or EsentialMed insurance for one of the parents.
How does a private health insurance work?
- Together with a BCR or BCR Asigurari de Viata VIG counselor, you analyze the health insurance packages
- You choose your medical service package depending on your financial needs and availabilities
- You are communicated the total value of the insurance premium;
- You sign the related documents and you pay the first insurance premium according to the chosen payment frequency
- You are handed over a signed copy of the documentation
- You receive at your mail address the insurance card attesting your capacity of insured
- You may make an appointment for any of the medical services that you benefit from by call-center
Is it necessary to undergo any medical tests before signing this insurance?
- No, no medical tests are required before purchasing this product.
I am diagnosed with a serious disease, may I purchase a private health insurance?
- There is no medical assessment for the health insurance, any person is able to access it, regardless of their state of health
How is the insurance premium paid?
- The insurance premium is paid annually, semi-annually, quarterly, monthly.
Do I benefit from a grace period on the payment of the insurance premiums?
- The insurance premiums are paid in anticipation on the deadlines specified in the insurance policy. For the payment of the premiums you benefit from a grace period of 15 days. After this period, the contract is terminated by right.
What is the duration of the insurance?
- The duration of the insurance is of 1 year, with the possibility to extend it.
What information do I receive if I call the call-center 021.9646
- the medical services included in the insurance;
- the agreed medical service providers – addresses, work schedule;
- the scheduling of the requested medical services in the working hours of the medical service providers
The call-center service is open from Monday to Sunday between 7-22 hours for information concerning:
What is the waiting period?
- Medical services may be accessed after the 1st of the month following the one when the health insurance policy is issued and signed, but not earlier than 20 calendar days after the signing date of the policy.
How do I access the medical services
- After the expiry of the waiting period, the medical services included in the chosen package of benefits are accessed exclusively by appointment made by call-center, accessing the phone number 021.9646 available from Monday to Sunday between 07 – 22 hours or directly at the front desks of the clinics included in the agreed network.
- Medical services are accessed only based on the insurance card and on the identity document
Where do I find information about the agreed medical network in which I may benefit from the private health insurance?
- On the web site www.bcrasigviata.ro and in the free application for smartphone and tablets you will find the national network of clinics, hospitals and medical offices. The network is updated every month
Medlife is the market leader of medical services with the highest national network of hyperclinics and hospitals in Romania: 6 hospitals in Bucharest, Arad and Brasov, 9 hyperclinics, 8 centers of excellency, 8 laboratories and 26 mobile teams. Add to these the local partnerships developed in each county, with various clinics and offices, summing a network of over 100 local partners. Medlife covers all medical and surgical specialties. Medlife acivity is definited by the safety of medical care, safe and fast diagnostics due to massive investments in the latest medical technology and to international quality accreditation. Medlife Network is available 24 hours/24 day, 7 days / 7 by calling the call center number 021.9646 for scheduling medical services included in the health insurance.